What is it?
Oral surgery can fix a multitude of functional and aesthetic injuries or defects of the head, mouth, teeth, gums, jaw, and neck, and may be performed under full sedation or anesthesia.
Oral surgeries may include, but are not limited to:
- Wisdom teeth removal (For severely impacted wisdom teeth)
- Apicoectomy (A minor surgical procedure that removes the apex, or very tip of the tooth’s root. Also known as root end surgery, an Apicoectomy might be necessary if an infection develops or continues after a root canal. If an Apicoectomy is recommended, it means your tooth cannot be saved by conventional root canal treatment.)
- TMJ disorder (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, which presents as severe pain in the areas of the joints holding your upper and lower jaw together, which may result in difficulty in moving your jaw.)
- Facial trauma (Perhaps as a result of an accident, with injuries to the jaw and mouth.)
- Corrective jaw surgery (to help fix alignment, birth defects and/or overbite or underbite issues, for example. This can make biting and chewing easier and improve chewing overall.)
- Corrective dental procedures requiring anesthesia – such as dental implants for example.
- Bone grafts
- Osseous tissue surgery (Also known as pocket depth reduction, this is a surgical procedure performed to restore your gums to a healthier, more natural state where your bone and gum tissue fit snugly around your teeth, creating a protective cover from bacteria.)
Why might you need it?
If any of the above symptoms or oral issues sound familiar to your particular situation, you may be a candidate for oral surgery. Consult our expert Esthene Dental Centre dentists for clarification and confirmation.
What can The Esthene Dental Centre do for you?
We know that oral surgery, of any kind, can sound scary. But at The Esthene Dental Centre oral surgery no longer need be.
Our dentists have the very highest qualifications to ensure that you receive the best possible care before, during and after your oral surgery. We use the latest techniques, technologies, tools and materials, and are highly invested in keeping you calm and your anxiety at bay throughout the entire process, whatever surgery you require.
Oral surgery services at The Esthene Dental Centre includes initial consultation and diagnosis, followed up with any surgical and related treatments needed.