What is it?
TMD, which stands for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, is a disorder which typically presents itself as pain in the areas of the joints holding the upper and lower jaw together. This may result in difficulty in moving the jaw.
Bruxism is a term which refers to the involuntary clenching and grinding of teeth, most often during sleep. It often results in teeth becoming worn down and damaged.
In both cases, a night guard can work wonders to both relieve symptoms, and stop the cause thereof, the action itself, in its tracks.
Why might you need it?
Do you frequently wake up with jaw or facial pain?
Symptoms of TMD and Bruxism include, but are not limited to:
- Pain or tenderness of your jaw,
- Pain in one or both of the temporomandibular joints and surrounding muscles,
- Aching pain in and around your ear(s),
- Difficulty chewing or pain while chewing,
- Aching facial pain,
- Locking of the joint, making it difficult to open or close your mouth,
- Disrupted sleep (for you or your partner),
- Worn-down teeth, which presents as increased sensitivity and even tooth loss.
If any of these symptoms sound like you, you could be a candidate for a night guard! You don’t need to live in constant pain and/or fear of what each morning will bring.
What can The Esthene Dental Centre do for you?
Whether you clench and grind your teeth in your sleep, or suffer from TMD with severe pain in your jaw, we can help.
Release yourself from daily pain; avoid your teeth becoming worn down and damaged, ultimately leading to tooth loss; and avoid future difficulty in moving your jaw, or worse. Let our Esthene Dental Centre experts fit you with a perfectly comfortable night guard, custom-made and designed for your mouth specifically. We use only the latest in materials, techniques and technologies to ensure the perfect fit for the best possible result.